Wednesday 9 July 2008

Wikinomics by Tapscott and Williams, Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein, Six Days of the Condor by James Grady




A new bulk scam is operating and I am falling victim.

This time it's Amazon who are to blame, by offering free postage above a certain amount, which means I'm often hunting around to spend more and buy more in order to spend less on postage.

I shouldn't imagine there's little to learn in "Wikinomics" which I've been intending to read for a long time. I initially thought that about Clay Shirky's "Here Comes Everybody" and was pleasantly surprised.

I bought "No Logo" from Amazon when it was impossible to find in the shops. As a result, I was regularly recommended every anti-capitalist rant that found print over the next five years. I like Naomi Klein's writing, so I was hoping to read this at some point.

My dad has recently decided that "Three Days Of The Condor" is his favourite film. Before I start deluging him with 70s conspiracy thrillers, I thought I'd get him the book for his birthday, which he was very happy with, proving that it's not the size of the gift that matters.

No comments: